Tickets for two popular summer theater series in Ocean City will go on sale starting 9 a.m. Monday, Feb. 3.
The Ocean City Pops orchestra and the Ocean City Theatre Company will bring a professional cast to town for performances of the musicals “The Producers” and “The Sound of Music.” OCTC also will bring a variety of favorites to life in “Broadway on the OC Boardwalk.” The annual Children’s Theater Series will bring five different morning shows to the Ocean City Music Pier.
Details on the Broadway Series are as follows:
• “Broadway on the OC Boardwalk” (7:30 p.m. June 24, Ocean City Music Pier): Professional performers in OCTC’s 2020 summer season sing many of Broadway’s classics. Tickets are $18 to $20.
• “The Producers” (7:30 p.m. July 7, 8 and 10; 2 p.m. July 9; Hughes Performing Arts Center): The Ocean City Pops and the Ocean City Theatre Company present the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical with a comedic book co-written by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan. Tickets are $30.
• “The Sound of Music” (7:30 p.m. August 4, 5, 7 and 8; 2 p.m. August 6, Hughes Performing Arts Center): The Ocean City Pops and the Ocean City Theatre Company team up to bring one of the world’s most beloved musicals to the stage. The show features family-friendly songs, including “Climb Ev’ry Mountain,” “My Favorite Things,” “Do Re Mi,” “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” and the title number. Tickets are $30 or $25 for kids 12-and-under.
The Children’s Series will include:
• “The Kid Who Ran for President” (10:30 a.m. June 30 and July 3, Ocean City Music Pier): This musical tells the story of an unlikely 12-year-old presidential candidate who gets some media attention that ignites the political voices of children around the nation.
• “Freckleface Strawberry: The Musical” (10:30 a.m. July 7, Ocean City Music Pier): Based on the beloved New York Times best-selling book by celebrated actress Julianne Moore, this a fun and touching family musical in which Freckleface and friends learn to “love the skin they’re in.”
• “Alexander, Who’s Not Not Not Not Not Going to Move” (10:30 a.m. July 14, Ocean City Music Pier): Based on Judith Viorst’s book, this play was commissioned and premiered by the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
• “Tilly the Trickster” (10:30 a.m. July 21, Ocean City Music Pier): Based on the book by “Saturday Night Live” alum Molly Shannon, this production introduces us to a mischievous girl who loves nothing more than causing a little trouble.
• “Awesome Allie: First Kid Astronaut” (10:30 a.m. July 28, Ocean City Music Pier): Allie was a typical 8-year-old until one day she was chosen for a very special mission. On a journey through the solar system, she is about to discover that friendship just might be the most important thing in the whole universe—but only the audience can help her figure it out.
Advance tickets for all children’s shows are $10 (they will be $12 on the day-of). Tickets for the Broadway Series and Children’s Series will be available starting Feb. 3 at oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice, by calling 609-399-6111 or at Ocean City’s welcome centers at City Hall and on the Route 52 causeway.